Located on the east coast of Mauritius, Etoile Filante is part of a family property with direct access to the bay of Trou d’Eau Douce. Well known for its authenticity, this village is also the starting point for boat trips to the famous Ile au Cerfs. This part of the island offers a wide variety of nautical activities that will help you make the most of your vacation. One of these activities is deep sea fishing, which is practiced in summer, where you can sometimes be seen fishing for marlin weighing a few hundred pounds offshore.
With a privileged location by the sea, the tropical charm of the villa will certainly seduce you. Enjoying breathtaking views of the crystal clear waters from its dining / living room and veranda, the Etoile Filante villa can easily accommodate up to 6 adults. You will have direct access to the eastern lagoon, undoubtedly the largest on the island, extending over twenty kilometers to the Pointe d’Esny. This beautiful stretch of turquoise water is located just opposite Ile aux Cerfs and the famous five-star “Le Touessrok Resort & Spa de Shangri-La”.
Nestled in a family property, the Etoile Filante villa benefits from a friendly atmosphere and a pleasant neighborhood; secure and comfortable. The villa is attached to the owners’ house which is not for rent. Usually living on weekends at home, they are full of sympathy for their tenants. If you need help or advice, they will be happy to guide you. Their discreet presence ensures an excellent stay in Mauritius.
Master bedroom, wonderful lagoon view – Air-conditioned
- 1 double bed 1 m 80 x 2 m
- 1 bed for baby if needed
- En-suite bathroom with shower cabin
Guest room n° 2 – Air-conditioned
- 1 double bed of 1 m 40
- Bathroom with shower (shared with the bedroom n° 3)
Guest room n° 3 – Air-conditioned
- 1 double bed of 1 m 40
- Bathroom with shower (shared with the bedroom n° 2)
Villa Etoile Filante has a living area of 190 m² and consists of a nice living room, a beautiful dining room facing the sea, a fully equipped kitchen, a veranda equipped with a comfortable outdoor lounge to admire the lagoon, a veranda overlooking the backyard equipped with a corner games, three bedrooms and two bathrooms.
- Living space of 190 m2
- 3 air-conditioned bedrooms, the master bedroom with en-suite bathroom and breath-taking views on the largest lagoon of Mauritius
- 2 bathrooms, one en-suite to the master bedroom
- Equipped kitchen
- Lounge and dining room with sea view composed of a table and 8 chairs
- Veranda with its outdoor lounge, open to the garden and the sandy beach
- Rear terrace with board games area, has a table and chairs for 6 people
- Outdoor areas with outdoor dining area, with table, benches, garden chairs and umbrella for 6 people, sunbeds and outdoor shower
- 1 laundry room with washing machine, iron and ironing board
- Linen (sheets and towels, bath and beach towels)
- Free Wi-Fi
- 1 flat-screen TV with free access to satellite channels
- Backup generator for all essential services
- Alarm system connected with a local security company
- Video camera for security
- Electric gate
- Free local calls
Located in Trou d’Eau Douce, on the East Coast of Mauritius, the villa is one hour’s drive from the airport via the coast.
This coastal region is fringed with long stretches of public white sand beaches where casuarinas and tropical trees allow for a change of scenery. Accessible by the beach, the embarkation point to Ile aux Cerfs is only 500 meters from the house. From the villa, you will have a stunning view of this extremely popular islet.
Trou d’Eau Douce is a charming fishing village, whose name literally mean fresh water holes in French. Traditionally, this is where women used to come to wash their clothes while children would play nearby. The village also boasts several ruins of past sugar refineries chimneys.
Trou d’Eau Douce is exactly 15 minutes by walking (about 1.5 kilometres) from villa Etoile Filante. In case you would want to explore the island through public transport, there is a bus stop near the villa. Beyond the visit you will find mini markets to shop for basic necessities, an ATM, an exchange office and small local restaurants to taste good Mauritian cuisine. Chez Gilda (pizza and Mauritian cuisine), Chez Tino (seafood specialties), Le Green Island (bar-restaurant), Le Four à Chaud (fish & meat), Le Poisson Grillé (fish), and Le Café des Arts (gourmet cuisine) are must-have addresses.
Flacq, a neighbouring village located 7 kilometres away (15 minutes by car), offers many facilities including its beautifully colourful market, shopping centres, typical shops and banks. Belle Mare, 3 km away, welcomes you with its gorgeous public beaches, hotels, duty free shops and popular restaurants.
There is plenty to do with several activities in the surroundings:
- Nautical activities including water skiing, towed buoys, parasailing, and many others.
- One-day catamaran cruise to Grande Rivière South East waterfall, to Ile aux cerfs or to Île aux Aigrettes’ reserve.
- Big game fishing for half day or full day. Marlin fishing season is from December to April.
- Scuba diving at the diving centre next to the villa. Boats for rent with skipper, departure in front of the villa.
- On reservation: a private shuttle can take you from villa Etoile filante’s beach to Ile aux Cerfs (10 minutes by speed boat).
- Kitesurfing and windsurfing, best season from June to September (Mauritian winter). In front of the villa, kitesurf is possible, with an ideal water level and a direct access to the largest lagoon of the island.
- For golf enthusiats, 18-holes golf courses of international calibre such as “The Legend” in Belle Mare, “The Links” in Bellemare, “Le Touessrok Golf Course” in Ile aux Cerfs and “Anahita Golf Club” in Beau Champ are available.
The wellness centre “Chrystelle Spa” offers massages, hamam and other treatments à la carte for a moment of unforgettable relaxation (400 meters from the villa).
Despite all this, Trou d’Eau Douce as a true fishing village, knows how to preserve its authentic charm.
Service schedule: 9h to 13h Monday to Saturday, except holidays.
The tasks of the maid are:
- Laundry (not ironing)
- Preparation of a daily meal, lunch or dinner cooked in advance
Tenants are responsible for buying the provisions.
The service is included in the price. Tipping is at your discretion. We advise 5 € per day.
Note that for the festive end of year period, there will be no service from December 24 at noon until December 25 inclusively and from December 31 at noon until January 2 inclusively. Kindly note that in Mauritius, 25th December, January 1st and 2nd are bank holidays.
At the moment, Créole Villas does not offer any discount. However, and in order to satisfy our customers always more, we will let you know about it! Offering you the best to welcome you in our paradise is our dearest wish, so … stay tune!
|No. Of Persons||01 June – 31 July||01 – 31 May
01 August – 14 October
|15 October – 14 December
16 January – 30 April
|15 December – 15 January|
|2||165 €||185 €||205 €||On Request|
|3||185 €||205 €||225 €||On Request|
|4||205 €||225 €||245 €||On Request|
|5||225 €||245 €||265 €||On Request|
|6||245 €||265 €||285 €||On Request|
If your stay includes several children under the age of 4, a discretionary fee may apply.